Paris, 1 September 2016 – With premium drama now a key driver in the TV industry, MIPCOM is doubling its offer of International Drama Screenings and will present a record number of brand-new shows from the USA, UK, Germany, France and China.
The global entertainment content market, MIPCOM takes place in Cannes, France, from 17-20 October 2016.
The International Drama Screenings offer MIPCOM attendees an exclusive opportunity to discover the most creative new shows from the world’s leading entertainment companies. This year’s International Drama Screenings will be held on Monday 17 October, Tuesday 18 October and Wednesday 19 October. They will include seven sessions, with a total of eight brand-new shows.
- “The Missing, Series 2,” a compelling journey of twists and turns in the second installment of the critically-acclaimed thriller from all3media International, starring David Morrissey, Keeley Hawes, Roger Allam, Laura Fraser and Tchéky Karyo
- “Maximilian and Marie de Bourgogne,” a Beta Film’s big-budget six-hour period drama featuring sumptuous sets and an all-star Franco-German cast about the impoverished Austrian Emperor conquering the heart of Europe’s most wanted bride.
- “Ouro,” a modern-day eight-part adventure series for Canal+ about a French geology student on the trail of gold in the Amazonian jungle, from Newen Distribution
- “Jamestown,” a gripping new adventure drama from Carnival Films, the makers of “Downton Abbey,” is the epic story of the first British settlers in North America. As three young women arrive in the fledgling colony to ensure the next generation, the community battles against threats from both outside and even within the settlement and builds a New World in the inhospitable but magnificent wilderness of Virginia.
- AwesomenessTV’s “Freakish” is the story of how 20 high school students try to survive after their school has been decimated by an explosion causing the surviving populate to mutate.
- “The Legendary Tycoon,” based on the true story of Asia’s first movie mogul, Sir Run Run Shaw, from the China Huace Film & TV Co.
- A double-bill screening, featuring “Fangar – Prisoners,” about a woman with a dark secret serving time in Iceland’s only women’s prison; and “Charité,” a six-part series set at the world-renowned Charité Hospital in the Berlin of 1888, both from Global Screen.
“Drama is increasingly important in the international TV market place, whether for linear broadcasters or online services, so it is only natural that MIPCOM reflects the quality and diversity of current worldwide output through these many prestige screenings,” said Laurine Garaude, Director of Reed MIDEM’s Television Division.
In addition to these International Drama Screenings, MIPCOM will also present a record number of World Premiere TV Screenings including Fox’s reboot of “The Rocky Horror Picture Show,” and the First World War spy drama “Mata Hari” from Red Arrow International.
About MIPCOM – MIPCOM is the year’s most anticipated global market for entertainment content across all platforms. Each October, the industry’s major players converge in Cannes to turn every moment into an opportunity, transforming four days of meetings, screenings and conferences into deals, from blockbuster programming to ground-breaking partnerships. And MIPJunior is the leading showcase for kids programming, uniting the world’s most influential buyers, sellers and producers the weekend before MIPCOM. Over two days, these influential players, along with publishers and licensing executives, present, discover and screen the very latest content, giving them the edge on concluding deals at MIPCOM. Please visit www.mipcom.com
About Reed MIDEM – Founded in 1963, Reed MIDEM is an organiser of professional, international markets that are essential business platforms for key players in the sectors concerned. These sectors are MIPTV, MIPDOC, MIPCOM, MIPCANCUN and MIPJUNIOR for the television and digital content industries, MIDEM for music professionals, MIPIM, MIPIM Asia, MIPIM UK, and MIPIM Japan for the real estate industry and MAPIC, Retail Real Estate Market brought by MAPIC in Shanghai and MAPIC Italy for the retail real estate sector. www.reedmidem.com
About Reed Exhibitions – Reed MIDEM is a division of Reed Exhibitions, the world’s leading event organiser, with over 500 events in 43 countries. In 2015 Reed brought together over seven million active professionals from around the world generating billions of dollars in business. Today Reed events are held throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and Africa and organised by 41 fully-staffed offices. Reed Exhibitions serves 43 industry sectors with trade and consumer events. It is part of the RELX Group plc, a world-leading provider of information solutions and analytics for professional and business customers across industries. www.reedexpo.com